Nightmare Fuel: The Ultimate Collection of Short Horror TalesAuthor: Wesley Thomas
From the author that brought you the bestselling horror collection 'What Goes Bump In The Night?' comes his latest collection of short terrifying tales.
"Dim the lights, pull up the covers, and get ready to be scared! These wickedly delightful tales are guaranteed to send shivers down your spine!" - Paula Limbaugh *****
From malicious spirits, horrifying witches, frightful ghouls, demons, creepy nuns, psychos, sinister voices, strange artifacts, scarecrows and irrational fears. This collection of short horror stories and flash fiction has everything for the avid horror reader.
I'm back with another great collection of short horror tales by author Wesley Thomas. I've reviewed some of his previous work and in my last review I said that his writing continues to impress. Nightmare Fuel is another step for the author up the ladder to becoming a legend in horror fiction.
Stories Included in this collection:
- The Journey – Jan has the ride of her life, quite literally.
- I Sentence Thee To Death – Mel discovers that what her family used to say about her ancestors as a child are in fact true.
- Wealth Comes At A Price – The rich aren't immune to the Grim Reaper.
- Someone's Had Their Crazy Flakes – Anne wants to get revenge on the Doctor who had her committed, but just how far will she go?
- Sleep (Flash Fiction) – Susan and Mike wake up to an uninvited guest in their bedroom.
- There's Something In My House – Moving into a new house always has its complications, especially when there are evil spirits roaming the halls.
- Itch (Flash Fiction) – Will made a huge mistake.
- Missing – College kids are going missing, so Rachel decides to find out who is taking them.
- Scarecrow, Scarecrow – It lurks in the cornfield, watching, waiting, scheming.
- Vengeance – A babysitter gets more than she bargained for.
- Hide – When a demon is coming after you, is there really anywhere to hide?
- The Traveller – A young man flees the law, but soon wishes he hadn't when he faces something far more terrifying.
- The Change (Flash Fiction) – It's coming. He can feel it.
- The Haunted Church – Sins always catch up to you.
- PLUS and Exclusive snippet of Frightful Tales, Book Two, 'He's Watching Me'.
I love reading collections because no matter what you are sure to find something you love. I may have not liked all the stories included here but the ones I did like out weigh the bad. I shouldn't say that some are bad because they are not terrible. The stories just couldn't grasp my attention. It happens but those same stories could be the ones that draw in someone else.
Another big draw for me is the fact the author includes a variety of stories. Sure they are all all horror, but they range from different styles and different antagonists which keeps the reader alert; not knowing what to expect. With these collections for me it is easier to rate each story then average the score for a final rating.
- The Journey---> 4 Skulls
- I Sentence Thee To Death---> 4 Skulls
- Wealth Comes At A Price---> 5 Skulls
- Someone's Had Their Crazy Flakes---> 3 Skulls
- Sleep (Flash Fiction)---> 3 Skulls
- There's Something In My House---> 4 Skulls
- Itch (Flash Fiction)---> 3 Skulls
- Missing---> 5 Skulls
- Scarecrow, Scarecrow---> 4 Skulls
- Vengeance---> 5 Skulls
- Hide---> 4 Skulls
- The Traveller---> 3 Skulls
- The Change (Flash Fiction)---> 4 Skulls
- The Haunted Church ---> 5 Skulls
So yeah be sure to check out Nightmare Fuel and all of the author's other works as his work continually impresses me.