January 26, 2014

Treed by Craig McGray @C_McGray_Author

Treed
Author: Craig McGray
Twitter Facebook Homepage

A trip into the woods leads to the discovery of a macabre family tradition and the horrors that have been hidden there for generations.

I was given the opportunity to read a review copy of this new short from Author Craig McGray, and I jumped at it for one reason; I knew he would bring quality writing with unique scares.

"Treed" doesn't disappoint.

The two main characters are hideous human beings who form a shaky alliance to clean up a mess, but things take a turn for the worse when they enter the woods. When it all goes belly up, I was screaming at my e-reader. "WTF?" and "Oh Shit!".

The author's entities(ghosts, creatures, or whatever they are) are are made up of nightmares and all things vile. When they were revealed, I was shocked, repulsed, and excited. I wanted to see what they had planned for the Johnny and Jack. The last moments were insane, brutal, and entertaining.

With an ingenious plot, vivid descriptions, and unique monsters; this is a must read for any horror fan. As an avid reader and horror fanatic, "Treed" is the most fun I've ever had between pages.

My Rating: 5/5