September 6, 2012

Dark Passage by @griffin_hayes review

Title: Dark Passage
Author: Griffin Hayes
(Homepage|Facebook|Twitter|Amazon: US/UK|GoodReads)
Format: E-book
Length: 231 pages
Price: $3.99




Tyson Barrett's life is out of control. His wife left him and took their son, Kavi, with her and his business isn't doing well either. Nightmares keep him awake and begin his downfall. Friend and business partner, Skip, tells him about a clinical trial for a new drug that might help with his insomnia. To his surprise, the drug works but he soon finds the side effect is much more than what he expected.

Griffin Hayes has crafted a perfect paranormal thriller with "Dark Passage". It is one of those books that you start to read and can never put down. The author drilled a hole in my head and placed the characters and setting deep into recesses of my mind; I couldn't shake the feeling this book gave me but yet I continued to come back for more.

Hayes' story is well crafted with great characters and descriptions. I especially love the way he paced the story, dropping juicy morsels of detail within that leads you one way only for the story to throw you a curve. Maybe it's only me but I find Hayes' writing style similar to that of Dean Koontz(one of my favorite authors).

"Dark Passage" is a book I'll keep coming back to read and is one of my favorites books that I have read this year.

Be sure to check out "The Grip" and "The Second Coming", two short stories by the author.