September 3, 2012

The Grip: A Horror Short Story by @griffin_hayes review #Buy Indie

Title: The Grip: A Horror Short Story
Author: Griffin Hayes
(Homepage|Facebook|Twitter|Amazon: US/UK|GoodReads)
Format: E-book
Length: 13 pages
Price: $0.00 FREE




Lt. Cready and Engineer Andreas Chavez were chosen to man outpost on the edges of the solar system. Stranded and out of contact with base, Cready's judgement falters and suspicions of his partner on the mission leads to a claustrophobic thriller.

This was my introduction to Mr. Hayes and I'm impressed. The Grip is currently free on amazon so I gave it chance. While reading you get a sense of the setting and mindset the main character is in. At first I found the dialogue between the Cready and Chavez characters a bit confusing but I believe the author did this to reflect the panicked state of Lt. Cready.

I am impressed with Griffin Hayes style and will actively seek out his other works.