June 6, 2012

The Mist review



Title: The Mist
Written and Directed By: Frank Darabont
Starring:Thomas Jane,Marcia Gay Harden,William Sadler,Laurie Holden
SYNOPSIS:
The night after a malevolent thunderstorm,a strange thick mist envelops a small community.Unseen creatures begin attacking townsfolk who wonder out in the mist,David Drayton(Jane) and other members of the community barricade themselves in the local supermarket.

Based on Stephen King’s 1980 Novella “The Mist”,Darabont’s adaptation really pulls out the stops and delivers a solid horror/scifi film.I loved the creature design in this movie, its liked they pulled the ugly monsters from my nightmares when I was a kid. The biggest dynamic is with the citizens that are holed up in the supermarket,personalities soon clash and the one that scared me the most was the religious nut played by Marcia Gay Harden.I was literally shouting in disgust when she was on the screen. The ending is different from the novella and boy it’s a huge twist. The Mist finally delivers a great ending that doesn’t pull any punches,while most people frown upon the ending I love it because its different then whats been shoved down out throats lately.