June 22, 2017

An explanation for my absence and an apology

I have a confession to make....

I'm not going to spend an hour or so boring everyone but I feel it is time I face the truth, explain some things, and issue many apologies.

I started this blog at first for my enjoyment and a way to get my name 'out there' I had hopes of this taking off and leading to something more. I love to read and have since I was young. Combine that with my love of horror and nerdy side and you have a career to love. That's what I thought. But I have to swallow the hard pills that are truth and reality and admit that these dreams will never come to pass.

I suffer from lymphedema in both my legs. I have had it since I was 10 or 11 after breaking my ankle. It has compromised my dreams and replaced them with pain,embarrassment, and depression. The constant swelling in my lower extremities causes lots of pain and prohibits what I can do physically. I can't sit at the table or couch for more than twenty minutes without excruciating pain. Laying flat in bed offers a little relief but not enough to help. My legs are unsightly and I hate going out in public. I spend most of my time inside and in my bed. The only medical help available to me are some compression stockings that slightly reduce the swelling but not enough to aid in walking.

Sorry I went off and this is longer than I wanted it to be, but you gals/guys deserve to know the reason for my inactivity.

I started reviewing because it gave me something to do while laying flat on my back. I would write notes about the book I was reading and muster up the strength to get on my pc and type it up and post it. I got arrogant and tried to push myself more than I should have and agreed to do many reviews; thinking I'd be able to read and review each book in a reasonable time frame.

I admit that I am a failure. I let down fellow fans and authors, who I gave my word that I would review their books. I've got stacks of books and eBooks that I agreed to review and I plan to but it's happening at a way slower pace.

For all the author's I have agreed to review your works and haven't. I'm sorry. I understand if the trust is broken now I truly do. But I will review your book even if the review isn't as in depth as some of my others.

From one horror fan to another, Keep It Gorey!