September 28, 2012

The Failure of a Professional Small Animal Inside - Outer by @MPJOHNSON4 #BuyIndie

The final failure of a professional small animal inside - oute


Title: The Final Failure of a Professional Small Animal Inside - Outer
Author: MP Johnson
(Homepage | Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads)
Format: Ebook
Length: 72 pages
Price: $5.00 Purchase at Cloud City Press | Paypal
4Skulls

'The Final Failure of a Professional Small Animal Inside - Outer' is my first foray into the author's work. I have read weird fiction or the bizarro genre before and knew what to expect from the three stories in this chapbook. 'Crabaroo in Lesbo Vamp Land' and 'Through Time, Knuckles First' accompany the main tale in this collection.

With collections like this, giving out too much information can spoil the experience, thus I will not post a synopsis for each story, instead I'll list my favorite and talk about the collection as a whole.

'Through Time, Knuckles First' was my favorite as it mixed elements of science fiction, weird fiction, and comedy. The title story is good but a few spots lost me and I had to read it again. 'Crabaroo in Lesbo Vamp Land' was heart-warming and weird for sure but it was too tame for my taste.

Newcomers to weird fiction will be in for a surprise, but if bizarro doesn't interest you the other two tales('Through Time, Knuckles First' and ' Crabaroo in Lesbo Vamp Land') are entertaining enough for the purchase price.

'The Final Failure of a Professional Small Animal Inside - Outer' is also available at book stores around Minneapolis and St. Paul.