Author: Benjamin X. Wretlind
Length: 230 pages
In this collection of fifteen short stories, Mr. Wretlind has compiled stories from several different genres and themes. It's a buffet of tales to ease all your dark and twisted cravings.
Stories in this collection:
- The Ferryman
- The Item
- A Letter To Elise
- The Bridge
- A Tooth For Miguel
- Conner's Menagerie
- Terminal Conversations
- The Wolf, The Caribou, And The Solitary Man - A Parable Of Nature
- Regarding Dead Things On The Side Of The Road
- Salem, Indiana
- Harlan's Holes
- Mighty Chief Chappose Picks Berries
My favorites of the bunch are:
- Change: A man obsessed with collecting scissors, spirals into madness and believes scissors are a tool that aids change. When he passes his love for scissors to his son, he realizes that he still has a lot to learn about scissors and changes.
- Jessie: Jessie's pa will not come inside, instead he lives outside in the old family van. Before her death, Jessie's mom left him a photograph; a clue that Jessie must figure out in time. A truly intense and haunting ghost tale.
- The Item: On a road trip with his wife and kids, a husband is intrigued by the road signs advertising 'The Item'. Against his wife's wishes he visits the shack on the side of the road that houses the item. What he finds at that rest stop is something he never imagined.