July 22, 2012

Rejoice #FlashFiction by @clynnbud1

Seven Rejoices of Mary 1 THE ANNUNCIATION
Seven Rejoices of Mary 1 THE ANNUNCIATION (Photo credit: Fergal of Claddagh)

Rejoice
“Rejoice in the Lord and be glad in it.”

I sing along with everyone else in the small crowd. At least I’m in the crowd instead of on stage where everyone can see me. I don’t like being on stage. I don’t know why they make me do it.

 After the song, everyone takes a seat and we bow our heads for prayer. I decide not to follow the others; instead I sit quietly head down and listen.

 God already knows what is in my heart and my deepest desires. I just want to feel loved. I want the pain, loneliness and bullying at school to stop.

Many nights I have prayed for change yet I wake the next morning; everything is the same.

Soon church is over and we go out to eat and then we go home to wait for next weeks service. Rejoice in the Lord. Rejoice.

Word Count: 150

I gave my girlfriend a challenge, to write a 150 word piece of flash - fiction . I gave her the word rejoice and told her to go wild. I must say I'm really proud of her and for her first piece of flash-fiction I think it is great. Feel free to tell her what you think via a comment here or tweet her at @clynnbud1
 ----
If you would like to try your hand at the prompt feel free to post it in the comments.
It must be 150 words no more or less and the word rejoice must be used somewhere in the story.