August 2, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction- Victory


 Victory for the Fallen
"It's time we talked about this." 

Abraham sits in the dark room, cane at his side and motions for the stranger to take a seat in the other chair; this moment has been building all his life and for once Abraham knew the outcome.

"When I was a young lad, you took my father and my aunt; their death's were slow and agonizing, taking years to break them down to nothing.

The again in my twenties, you took my mother ravaging her body for years until she gave in; and now you are have come for me, dressed in black smelling of death."

"Grin all you want, asshole; but this will not end the same as those before me, because I got the call earlier today; I"m free of you and the victory comes from the strengths of all the others you have massacred."

3 comments:

  1. I liked the power posture he takes right off, showing Death to a chair, waiting patiently. Nice take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That is probably as great a victory as one can achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting take on victory! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete